(UPM Raflatac, Tampere, 25 May 2016 at 13:00 EET) - UPM Raflatac has expanded its European void security labelling range with products offering enhanced security and greater visual differentiation.
Void films provide tamper-evidence and product authentication, protecting consumers and supporting their loyalty and trust in brands. They leave a text, pattern or logo on packages and casings when the label is partially or fully removed, and they cannot be smoothed back down undetected. Often used as sealing labels, voids also support printed authentication for individual items or carry information like warranty numbers and expiry dates.
UPM Raflatac's standard voids leave a sticky residue on the labelled substrate. When packages need to remain attractive and are part of a product's value, 'No Tack' voids leave a smooth and silky message that doesn't attract dust or dirt. For custom requirements, UPM Raflatac produces special voids with texts, patterns, logos and colours according to specifications from label end-users and brand owners.
More features, looks and applications
New additions to UPM Raflatac's void range introduce special features for high-level tamper-evidence and product authentication.
- Void Text Tinted TC 36 offers a darkish, semi-silvery metallized transparent look unlike any other.
- Void Text 2Colour TC 50 has a green exterior, while the hidden text is revealed in blue.
- Void Fluor Red/Blue TC 50 is unique compared to standard clear voids due to a semi-covert security feature. When exposed to UV light, the top surface reflects in fluorescent blue (also supporting label detection), and the reverse reflects in fluorescent red.
- Void Text Blue TC 36 and Void Text Red TC 36 are available in rage of colours and thicknesses to expand existing options.
- Microvoid Blue PP TC 50 is a flexible material for labelling tightly contoured and small-diameter surfaces. The reduced void text size is ideal for smaller label sizes.
For further information please contact:
Thomas Treichel, Labelling Solutions manager, Security and Postal, UPM Raflatac, tel. +49 21195799171
High-resolution photos can be downloaded at http://pet.upm.com/l/Gqzk7-HGLp7-
UPM Raflatac is one of the world's leading producers of self-adhesive label materials. We supply high-quality paper and film label stock for consumer product and industrial labelling through a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. We employ around 2,900 people and made sales of EUR 1.4 billion in 2015. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM - The Biofore Company. Find out more at www.upmraflatac.com.
Through the renewing of the bio and forest industries, UPM is building a sustainable future across six business areas: UPM Biorefining, UPM Energy, UPM Raflatac, UPM Paper Asia, UPM Paper ENA and UPM Plywood. Our products are made of renewable raw materials and are recyclable. We serve our customers worldwide. The group employs around 19,600 people and its annual sales are approximately EUR 10 billion. UPM shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki. UPM - The Biofore Company - www.upm.com