UPM Capital Markest Day 2018
UPM arranged a Capital Markets Day for investors and analysts in London on Thursday, 31 May, 2018.
UPM has consistently improved its financial, social and environmental performance in recent years. Our business model, performance culture and effectiveness in capital expenditure have delivered excellent results. We continue to aim higher.
Limitless opportunities of bioeconomy
In the coming decade, changing consumer behaviour globally and new middle-class consumers in emerging markets will both create remarkable new demand but also raise the bar for businesses when it comes to responsibility. Answering this demand growth with sustainable and safe solutions provides limitless value creation opportunities for UPM's businesses today and in the future.
Aiming higher with continued transformation and earnings growth
UPM is in better standing than ever. Over the coming years, we can allocate more capital to growing and transforming the company while simultaneously distributing attractive dividend to our shareholders and maintaining headroom in our strong balance sheet.
Participants of the Capital Markets Day had the opportunity to discuss UPM's strategy, performance, growth, innovation and responsibility with the company's top management.
Presentations at the event
Strategy and performance
- UPM Strategy Jussi Pesonen President and CEO
- Responsibility is good business Tapio Korpeinen CFO, EVP, UPM Energy
- Electricity everywhere Tapio Korpeinen CFO, EVP, UPM Energy
- Efficient made easy Mika Sillanpää EVP, UPM Plywood
- Consistent profitable performance Winfried Schaur EVP, UPM Communication Papers
Spearheads for growth
- Sustainable growth Heikki Vappula EVP, UPM Biorefining
- Labeling a smarter future Antti Jääskeläinen EVP, UPM Raflatac
- Confidence delivered Bernd Eikens EVP, UPM Specialty Papers
- Molecular bioproducts Jyrki Ovaska EVP, Technology