KAUKAS PULP MILL
UPM’s Kaukas mill is located on the shore of Lake Saimaa in Lappeenranta in Southeast Finland. The Kaukas integrate consists of pulp mill and paper mill, which produces magazine paper. In addition Kaukas sawmill and UPM's research centre are also located at the same site. The pulp mill has two production lines.
• 740,000 tonnes of hardwood and softwood pulp
• Latest major rebuild in 1996
• Quality Management System ISO 9001
• Environmental Management System ISO 14001
• EMAS Eco Management and Audit Scheme
• Chain-of-Custody Standards PEFC and FSC